With over 50 years of solid business growth and over 50,000 square feet of office and production space, DCP is equipped to handle any print job at any time. Our success in fast processing helps our high volume of orders to be completed even faster and more accurately, in turn giving our customers quicker turnarounds and deliveries.
We Offer, competitive pay, paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401K, short term disability.
The Cutter Operator is responsible for the set up, adjustment and safe operation of all cutting equipment to prepare product to be packed, collated, or bound, ensuring that all items produced meet customer specifications in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Review job tickets and plan work processes to meet customer specifications for custom jobs.
- Mark press sheet with marker to show cutting lift quantity so Packers can retrieve required boxes.
- Inspect press sheet and identify order types and communicate with side Cutter Operators.
- Set up assigned machine to specifications, obtain approval of set up and run product when indicated by Supervisor/Plant Management.
- Keep accurate press sheet information in Log Books with dates and counts.
- Monitor assigned machine during run to ensure adherence to specifications and make adjustments as needed to maintain specifications and operating speed.
- Ensure the completion of jobs meeting quality and quantity requirements.
- Troubleshoot machine problems, resolve if possible, notifying Bindery Supervisor/Plant Management.
- Replace worn cutting blades with hand tools when required.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Ensure all equipment, tools, and work station are in good working order and is free of any safety hazards.
- Report any and all workplace hazards to Supervisor/Plant Management immediately.
- Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Report all work related injuries, illnesses and/or near misses to Supervisor/Plant Management immediately.
- Keep all work area/work stations clean and safe in compliance with our housekeeping guidelines.
- Follow and adhere to all workplace safety rules and guidelines.
- Able to read and comprehend job tickets and customer specifications.
- Able to communicate effectively with other employees.
- Able to solve practical problems.
- Good hand/eye co-ordination.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Quality Oriented.
- Team player – stays to get the job done.
- Willing to be cross trained in the work of other departments/equipment.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk; use foot/feet to operate machines, and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40+ lbs.
To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org