District Creative Printing in Upper Marlboro, MD is expanding and has an immediate opening for a FULL TIME Perfect Binder Operator. Minimum of 3 years previous Perfect Binder operator experience is a must.
District Creative Printing is a premier provider of commercial printing solutions in Maryland, DC and Northern VA. DCP has over 50 years of growth and stability with long standing reputation for quality, innovation, and high standard for excellence among our clients, partners, and industry leaders. We look for employees who share our commitment and dedication.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Check the job ticket for proper make ready instructions and set up the Perfect Binder accordingly.
- Compare the printed copy to the proof to ensure all corrections have been completed. Compare the initial bound books to the prior sample or proof.
- Check job ticket and prepare for proper packaging instructions (shrink-wrap, band, tape etc).
- Prior to running, bring a handful of books along with the job ticket and proof for approval by the Bindery Team Leader.
- Bind loads marked samples, and keep separate customer/sales samples, go directly to the to the Quality office. (sample area)
- Sign off on job ticket with quantity and initial on back of ticket in the appropriate area for each stage of the job completed.
- Perform all routine maintenance to keep equipment running as indicated by the manufacturer’s manual.
- Troubleshoot any machine failures and complete necessary repairs.
- Complete a parts requisition form for any parts needed and repair if possible.
- Responsible for accuracy of work completed, when assistants are used in job production.
- Clean work area at end of shift in readiness for the next shift.
- Assist in any other bindery functions as needed and directed.
- Accurately read a ruler
- General math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying & dividing)
- Read the job ticket
- Ability to perform repetitive movement include lifting, bending & stooping
We offer a great work environment, competitive wages, medical, vision, dental and 401k. You can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.